Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Study At U S A


Since this month Thinkinlaw Law Firm, based in Chicago, will help periodically sending some articles on topics of legal type. The first article provides a general overview of the different categories of visas for the USA.

Recently the charm inherent in the concept of the "American dream" has changed significantly. The economic miracle of emerging markets and the opportunities they offer - even at the cultural level - become, increasingly, a phenomenon that can arouse the interest of young people (and not) emigrants from our own, while the economic and financial crisis that has affected the US has somehow helped to curb the enthusiasm of someone else already 'ready to go. However the United States, for many reasons, are still the country that more than others is the goal and point of landing of immigrants.

What follows is a very broad and general overview of the main categories of visas to USA, cataloged according to the purpose for which you want to enter (and / or live) in the United States. Please note that this is not a complete list of all the options for a visa, but a description of the main categories that aims to be exhaustive anyway.

Structured Cabling


In lateast buildings and offices are made of structured cabling systems, The systems are based on Category 5 or higher and RJ-45 connectors (RJ-11 twisted pairs and for telephone connections). The cables have a maximum length of 90 m, with a further 10 m to the cables commute (side apparatus: EC Equipment Cable, and the terminal side: WAC Work Area Cable). This constraint is dictated by the characteristics of the Ethernet network.

For each location to be served, one or more cables are placed in special ducts in the walls, in ceilings or floors of the building, to reach a distribution cabinet of the plane (in the jargon of the structured cabling, Floor Distributor or FD or wiring horizontal plane), usually it is a standard 19-inch rack, which can accommodate both patch panels that active equipment.

These cables are certified by a party in a patch panel in the closet, the other in a plaque on the wall or the floor near the user station. By connecting a cable from the computer trade-in to a wall outlet, and another from an exchange to a network device (such as a hub or switch), it creates an electrical connection that allows you to connect your computer to the network.

In case the dimensions of the building do not allow to serve all users with a single FD, the various FD are connected to a cabinet in the building (Building Distributor, BD), using copper cables and / or optical fiber (vertical wiring) even these certificates in patch panels. Similarly, the different buildings on a campus are connected to a closet permutation of campus, or Campus Distributor, CD.

The premises that house the cabinets should have adequate characteristics for power supply (preferably protected by a UPS), air conditioning, access control (are privileged places for intruders or to cause network failures).