Pages

Sunday, 25 January 2015

The School System In The U.S

The School System In The U.S


In the US there is a Compulsory education usually until 16 or 18 years, depending on the state. 
The three-tier school system with high school, junior high school and high school, as in Germany does not exist in the United States. Differently gifted children attend a school together instead.

The schooling of a child in America begins with the six-year "Elementary School", which already starts with the kindergarten and going up to the 6th or 8th grade. In grades 7 to 9, it then goes to the "Middle School" or "junior high school". Students of "high school", which is comparable to the total German school visit. This school visit the American youth from grades 9 to 12 and 10 to 12.

The completion of high school entitles you to attend a university. In the US, the university education has a particularly high status. Thus, the United States that nation with the highest percentage of young people who attend a university.

The school system is a state, which means that until the completion of general compulsory education all have the opportunity to go to school for free. This offer is made of 90% of the students to complete. The remaining 10% attend private schools in the country.